ERME Underserved Producers RFA
The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern and Western Regional Centers, announce a competitive grant opportunity and requests the submission of applications. This RFA is specifically designated to deliver risk management education for producers underserved by Federal crop insurance. Awards will fund 18-month projects conducted April 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022. The maximum amount of requested funding shall not exceed $100,000.
The North Central ERME Center will deliver a webinar for potential applicants on Wednesday, September 30th at 10:00 AM CDT. Check back for details on how to join.
How to Apply –
- Download and read the 2021 North Central ERME Underserved Producers Request for Applications (RFA) carefully.
- View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 3. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Register” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- Login to RVS (rvs.umn.edu) using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Application, select “Start New Application” and then the “North Central ERME” tab under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Select the appropriate grant opportunity (2021 Underserved Producer), and click the green “Start New Application”. Then complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Key Dates for Funding Process
September 30, 2020: Applicant Informational Webinar, 10:00 AM CDT
November 19, 2020: All applications are due on-line no later than 5:00 PM CST
Project Directors selected for awards will be notified no later February 12th, 2021
Contact Christine Lockert, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-2039 if you have any questions or need more information about this Extension Risk Management Education program.