Apply for Funding
View the October 11, 2017 Application Webinar The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center held a zoom webinar on October 11 for those interested in learning more about the application process. Click here to access the recorded webinar. This webinar is approximately 90 minutes long and the link will take you to an external University of Nebraska page.
The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern and Western Regional Centers funds 18-month Education projects and eight-month Exploratory projects annually. For specific instructions on the application process for the Exploratory Projects see item 6 below. Funding is currently open for the 2018 application period!
How to Apply
- Download and read the North Central Center’s 2018 Request for Applications carefully.
- View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 4. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Register” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- Login using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Proposal, select “Start New Application” and then the “North Central ERME” tab under Active Funding Opportunities. Be sure to save your email address and password in order to register for any future projects and to report on this project should you be funded.
- Select the appropriate grant category from the two options available, and click the green “Start New Application” button. Then complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Special Instructions for Completing the Exploratory Project Application. If you are submitting an Exploratory Project application, please review these instructions to assist you in the process.
- Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Contact Christine Lockert, email@example.com or 402-472-2039 if you have any questions or need more information about this Extension Risk Management Education program.
Important Dates for 2018 Funding Process
September 18, 2017: Request for Applications released
October 11, 2017 at 10 AM CDT: Applicant Informational Webinar
November 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST: All applications are due on-line
Project Directors selected for awards will be notified by mid-February, 2018
Project year begins April 1, 2018
Project Director training (for education projects only): April 10, 2018 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
July 1, 2018: First progress report due.