Apply for Funding
The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern and Western Regional Centers funds 18-month education projects and eight-month exploratory projects annually. The 2019 North Central ERME Request for Applications is now open. Potential applicants should also review current needs assessments for the north central region which are posted below.
View the applicant webinar held on October 3. View the PowerPoint slides from the webinar.
How to Apply – Educational and Exploratory Projects
Educational Project Period: April 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Download and read the North Central Center’s 2019 Request for Applications carefully.
- View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 4. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Register” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- Login using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” To begin a new Proposal, select “Start New Application” and then the “North Central ERME” tab under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Select the appropriate grant category from the 2 options available, and click the green “Start New Application” Then complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Exploratory Project Instructions: If you are completing an Exploratory Project application, review these special instructions to assist you in completing the application.
Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Contact Christine Lockert, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-2039 if you have any questions or need more information about this Extension Risk Management Education program.
Important Dates for 2019 Funding Process
September 17, 2018: 2019 North Central ERME Request for Applications released
October 3, 2018: Applicant Informational Webinar at 10:00 AM CDT. Click here to sign in. The webinar will be recorded and slides posted on this site at a later time.
November 15, 2018: All applications are due on-line
Project Directors selected for awards will be notified no later than mid-February, 2019
Project year begins April 1, 2019
Project Director training (for education projects only): April 2, 2019 in Louisville, Kentucky