ERME RFAs – How to Apply
The 2021 ERME RFAs are now CLOSED. Applicants will be notified of results by February 12, 2021.
The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern and Western Regional Centers announces the availability of multiple competitive grant opportunities and requests the submission of applications. These funding opportunities focus on educational projects designed to help agricultural producers improve their economic viability through targeted risk management strategies.
The North Central Center will consider applications through its ERME RFA for education on the full range of risk management activities in two categories: 1) 18-month Education Projects (awards of up to $50,000) to be conducted between April 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022 and 2) Exploratory Projects (awards of up to $5,000) to support planning, development, and piloting efforts that are expected to lead to a future educational project (project period of March 1 – October 31, 2021).
The North Central Center will also consider applications through its ERME Underserved Producers RFA for 18-month Education Projects (awards of up to $100,000) to be conducted between April 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022. This RFA is specifically designated to deliver risk management education for producers underserved by Federal crop insurance.
The North Central Center delivered an Applicant Webinar on September 30, 2020. A recording of the webinar and slides of the webinar are available.
Recent needs assessment reports provide some insight into issues and challenges facing agricultural producers at the present time and some supporting material behind the priority issues identified in the RFA.
How to Apply
- RFAs: Download and read either or both of the RFAs thoroughly depending on your plans for submission.
- Resources: View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 4. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Register” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- RVS: Login to RVS (rvs.umn.edu) using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Application, select “Start New Application” and then the “North Central ERME” tab under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Category: Select the appropriate grant category (2021 Education Projects, 2021 Exploratory Projects, or 2021 Underserved Producers) and click the green “Start New Application”. Complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Exploratory Project Instructions: If you are completing an Exploratory Project application, review these special instructions to assist you in completing the application.
Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Important Dates for Funding Process
September 30, 2020: Applicant Informational Webinar, 10:00 AM CDT. A recording of the webinar and slides of the webinar are available for continued viewing.
November 19, 2020: All applications are due on-line no later than 5:00 PM CST.
February 14, 2021: Award Notification.
Contact Christine Lockert, email@example.com or 402-472-2039 if you have any questions or need more information about this Extension Risk Management Education program.